A TOUR OF DELPHI & METEORA (to see the monasteries) 2 days, 1 night (from Athens).
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Location: METEORA, THESSALY
- Product code: A TOUR OF DELPHI & METEORA 2 day, 1 night. CATT
We will visit Delphi, the site of the greatest oracle and the religious center of the ancient Greek world.
Located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus, the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo overlook the timeless beauty of the ancient landscape. People from all over Greece would travel to ask advice from the Pythia, the oracle of Apollo. In fact, in some of the most important moments in history, her words had a massive effect on the course that the events took. The Temple of Apollo is the center of a extensive archaeological site that includes the Treasuries of the Siphnians and the Athenians, a theater and a stadium. You will also visit the museum, which houses the famous Delphic Charioteer and the statue of Antinoos, the lover of Hadrian. It has also been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
We will stop over in the picturesque mountain resort of Arachova, which
is one of the most popular places near Athens to go skiing in the winter. There we will have a chance to relax, enjoy the beautiful views,or have a coffee at one of the many cafés.
We will visit the site and the museum of the Leonidas’ 300 Spartans
stand against the mighty army of the Xerxes of Persia - Thermopylae, or
the “Hot Gates”. The Spartans and their allies lured the Persian army to
this narrow pass between the cliffs and the sea and although they were
defeated, their bravery allowed the other Greek city-states to mobilise
and finally defeat the Persians at the Battle of Salamis.
KALAMBAKA -- METEORA
Finally we reach the village of Meteora, were we stay. We will have
dinner and enjoy the view of the monasteries (that we will visit the next day) from the village.
Accommodation: We stay overnight at the area of Meteora or Kalambaka in a 3 or 4 star Hotel depending on availability.
You will get to see at least 3 monasteries (if there is time even more), 2 of them will be guided with a professional guide.
Great Meteoron Monastery, Varlaam Monastery, Holy Trinity Monastery (Agia Triada), Monastery of Rousanou.
Then we have a meal and return to Athens late in the afternoon.
• Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus or address you give us.
• Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port and ATHENS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.
• Everything that involves the vehicle.
• Professional guide in the site of Delphi and 2 monasteries at Meteora.
• Private tour (your party only), Air condition, Wi-Fi in vehicle, fuel surcharge and tolls.
• Professional English-speaking driver/guide. Gives information & tips but does not come in the sites.
• Dinner or lunch for each passenger.
• We stay overnight at the area of Meteora or Kalampaka in a 3 or 4 star Hotel depending on availability.
• Admission fees
• Coffee, drinks & snacks.
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• All prices are for one private vehicle, 1-3 passengers sedan 4-7 passengers minivan, usually Mercedes-Benz.
• You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain, other wise the driver will do the best so you can see most of the sites
• departure time is up to you between 05:00am -09:00am
.• time needed 2 day (we return late on the 2nd day).
• We may reserve the right to cancel a customer's booking for a full refund in case of: Bad weather or if the sites are closed.
• Our drivers are polite, friendly and professional. Their first priority is your satisfaction and safety. All drivers on tours know English, will help you and give you tips. The cars are well maintained and clean, all of them have free wifi. If needed we can also provide babychairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers.
• You can cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
• If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
• If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
• After that time no changes of time, no refunds or cancellations can be made.