ATHENS MINI TOUR
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Athens, Attica
- Product code: ATHENS MINI TOUR CATT
• See the changing of the guard at the Parliament, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier,
the National Library, the University and the Academy of Athens, Hadrian’s Arch,
the 1896 Olympic Stadium, plus a view of the city from Lycabettus Hill.
This mini tour of Athens takes us to some of the most famous sites of the city. We will see the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament. These guards, known as Evzones, are the elite force of the Greek Army and until the Second World War they were known for their bravery and honour. The costume they wear was introduced by King Otto of Greece, inspired by the traditional clothes of the mountain warriors and bandits who formed the resistance to the Ottoman Empire. Near the Parliament, we will also see the famous “trilogy” of buildings designed by the Danish architects Theophil and Christian Hansen: the Academy of Athens, the University of Athens and the National Library. Built in a grand neoclassical style, they represent the ambitions of the early Greek state. Along with these more moderns landmarks, we will also see thestadium where the first modern Olympics were held in 1896. We will visit the monument known as the arch of Hadrian, a Roman structure dedicated to Theseus and Hadrian as the founders of Athens. Finally, we will see the view of the Acropolis and the whole city from Lycabettus Hill.
(If you would like to see more of the ancient monuments, like the Parthenon, you can go on our full Athens Tour)
• Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus • Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port • Everything that involves the vehicleEXCLUSIONS
• Admission fees
• Food and drinks
• Professional guide in the site (if wanted)
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK
• All prices are for 1 ride and for 1 to 4 passengers with a TAXI & up to 7 passengers with a MINIVAN.
• You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain, other wise the driver will do the best so you can see most of the sites.
• departure time is up to you between 10:00am -03:00pm .
• time needed 2-2.5 hours
• Our drivers are polite, friendly and professional. Their first priority is your satisfation and safety. All drivers on on tours know english, will help you and give you tips. The cars are well maintained and clean, all of them have free wifi. If needed we can also provide babychairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers.
• You can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before your reservation starts.
After that time no changes of time, no refunds or cancellations can be made.