OLD Ancient Olympia Tour
- Duration: 13 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Olympia, Elis Region, West Greece
- Product code: ANCIENT OLYMPIA TOUR CATT
Visit Ancient Olympia and the Corinth Canal.
The importance of Olympia can still be seen from its ruins, including the Temple of Zeus, which once contained a 13 meter statue of the god made of gold and ivory, the Temple of Hera, the stadium and the Shrine of Pelops. Even today, the Olympic Flame is lit in Olympia and then taken on a relay across the world to end up in the city hosting the Olympic Games.
As we cross the Isthmus of Corinth, we stop by the Corinth Canal. Cut 6.4 kilometers through solid rock, it connects the Saronic Gulf and the Corinthian Gulf. It was finished in 1893, even though the idea existed at least as far back as 602 BC!
• Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus
• Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port
• Admission fees
• Food and drinks
• Professional Site Guide (if wanted)
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• All prices are for 1 tour, for 1 to 4 passengers, with a taxi or sedan, and up to 7 passengers with a minivan
• You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain; otherwise the driver will do their best for you to see most of the sites
• Departure time is between 6:00am-7:30am, based on your preference!
• Duration: 11-14 hours
• Our drivers are professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Their priority is your satisfaction and safety. All our drivers speak English and are ready to help and to provide tips!
• Our cars are well-maintained, clean, and have free Wi-Fi. Baby chairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers are available on request, at no additional charge
• You can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before your tour is due to start. No refunds are allowed after this time.
For any questions we will be more than happy to answer within 24 hours.