Athens, Sounio, Delphi & Meteora (from Athens) 3 days, 2 nights
- Süre: 36 Saat (Tahmini)
- Lokasyon: ATHENS, ATTICA
- Ürün kodu: A TOUR OF ATHENS, SOUNIO, DELPHI & METEORA 3 day 2 night CATT
ATHENS & SOUNIO CAPE
ACROPOLIS Undoubtedly the most famous landmark of Athens – and the pride of Athenians - is the Parthenon, atop Acropolis Hill. It is the ancient temple dedicated to Athena, the goddess Athens is named after. It is visible from most of central Athens and is surrounded by the city’s charming and picturesque historical centre.
The monument known as Hadrian’s Arch, a distinctive Roman structure dedicated to Theseus and Hadrian, the founders of Athens.
TEMPLE OF OLYMPIAN ZEUS
Next is the Temple of Olympian Zeus, with only a few of its original 104 columns standing.
TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER
We watch the Changing of the Guard - at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - in front of the Parliament.
The stadium where the first modern Olympics were held in 1896.
TEMPLE OF POSEIDON
Travelling along the coast, we head to the southernmost tip of the peninsula of Attica, Cape Sounion, a getaway close to Athens and famous for its beaches, fish restaurants and the striking ruins of the Temple of Poseidon. Set high atop a cliff rising above the Aegean Sea, the temple forms part of a trio of ancient sites, including the Acropolis, and the Temple of Aphaea on the Greek island of Aegina. Equal distances from each other as the crow flies, on a clear day you may be able to see all the monuments from the others. Sounio is also where Aegeus tragically fell from the cliffs when he saw the black sails that his son had forgotten to change, therefore believing he had died. The Aegean Sea was thus named after him. It is a beautiful place to watch the sunset, the white marble columns framed by the sky and the lovely blue sea!
Accommodation: we stay overnight between Sounio and Porto Rafti or central Athens in a 3- or 4-star hotel or a small boutique hotel depending on availability, usually: Athesense Suites, Acropols Stay, Amalia Hotel Athens, Dolce Athens Attica Riviera.
Along with a professional guide, we visit Delphi - considered the religious centre of the ancient Greek world and the seat of Pythia, the greatest oracle. Located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus, the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo overlook the timeless beauty of the ancient landscape. People from all over Greece would travel to ask advice from Pythia, the oracle of Apollo. In fact, in some of the most important moments in history, her words had a great effect on the course of events, and it is recognised by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
The Temple of Apollo is the centre of an extensive archaeological site that includes the Treasuries of the Siphnians and the Athenians, a theatre, and a stadium. We also visit the museum, which houses the famous Delphic Charioteer and the statue of Antinous, the lover of Hadrian.
The picturesque mountain resort of Arachova is one of the most popular places near Athens for skiing in the winter. There we will relax, enjoy the beautiful views, or have a coffee at one of the many charming cafés.
We then visit the site and museum of Leonidas’ 300 Spartans stand against the mighty army of the Xerxes of Persia - Thermopylae, or the “Hot Gates”. The Spartans and their allies lured the Persian army to this narrow pass between the cliffs and the sea and although they were defeated, their bravery allowed the other Greek city-states to mobilise and finally defeat the Persians at the Battle of Salamis.
KALAMBAKA -- METEORA
Finally, we reach Meteora, where we stay. We will have dinner and enjoy the view of the monasteries that we visit the next day.
Accommodation: We stay overnight in Kalambaka-Meteora in a 3- or 4-star hotel or a small boutique hotel depending on availability, usually: Pyrgos Adrachti Hotel, Tsikeli Hotel (adults only), Doupiani House, Amalia Hotel Kalambaka.
At the stunning, fairy tale landscape of Meteora, we visit at least three monasteries (or more, time permitting), two of which are guided with a professional guide, before having a meal and returning to Athens late in the afternoon. Monasteries include:
Monastery Holy Trinity (Agia Triada)
Monastery of Rousanou
EXTRAS that you can purchase while booking:
• Admission fees
• Accommodation in 3- or 4-star hotel, depending on availability
• Lunch or dinner each day for each passenger
• Wholly private tour (your party only)
• Transportation to and from your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus
• Transportation to and from the cruise terminal of Piraeus port and Athens International Airport
• Professional guide at Delphi and two monasteries at Meteora
• Professional, English-speaking driver, who provides information and tips and does not enter the sites
• All fuel surcharges and toll roads
• Admission fees
• Accommodation in hotels
• Lunch or dinner each day for each passenger
• Coffee, drinks, and snacks
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
• By booking you must deposit 20% of the amount or full amount
• You will be charged the rest (80%) of full amount 8 days before tour date
• Prices on bookings are for adults and children above 12
• If you have children under 12 or infants please contact us before booking so we can inform you for the extra charge
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• All prices are for 1 private vehicle, for 1 to 3 passengers with a sedan, 4-7 passengers with a minivan, usually Mercedes Benz and 8-14 passengers with a Mercedes Benz minibus
• You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain; otherwise the driver will do their best for you to see most of the sites
• Departure time is usually between 5:00am-9:00am, based on your preference!
• Duration: 2 days, 1 night
• We reserve the right to cancel a booking for a full refund in the case of bad weather or site closures
• Our drivers are professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Their priority is your satisfaction and safety. All our drivers speak English and are ready to help and to provide tips!
• Our cars are well-maintained, clean, and have free Wi-Fi. Baby chairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers are available on request, at no additional charge
• We reserve the right to cancel a booking for a full refund in the case of bad weather or site closures and health issues
• You can cancel free of charge up to 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure
• Cancellations between 3 and 6 days in advance of the tour incur a 50% cancellation fee
• Cancellations within 2 days of the scheduled departure incur a 100% cancellation fee
• After that time, no changes to pick-up times and no refunds or cancellations can be made
For any questions we will be more than happy to answer within 24 hours.