Ancient Corinth Tour
- Dauer: 6 Stunden (ca.)
- Ort: ANCIENT CORINTH
- Produkt-Code: ANCIENT CORINTH TOUR CATT 1
Ancient Corinth and the Corinth Canal
The ancient city-state of Corinth was located on the narrow strip of land connecting the Peloponnese to mainland Greece, known as the Isthmus of Corinth. In ancient times, the city grew wealthy due to this strategic location and its control of the transportation of ships from the Corinthian to the Saronic Gulfs, and vice versa. It became one of the most important trade powers in ancient Greece and had an extensive network of colonies. It was also the location of countless ancient myths, such as the myth of Sisyphus. Games – including the Olympics – were held in the devotional area of Isthmia. The ancient city was destroyed by the Romans, who built a new city in its place; we can still see the extensive ruins of the Temple of Apollo that testify to Corinth’s great prosperity. As we cross the Isthmus, we stop to see the great feat of engineering that finally opened the route between the Gulf of Corinth and the Saronic Gulf - the Corinth Canal. It was finished in 1893, even though the idea existed at least as far back as 602 BC!
EXTRAS that you can purchase while booking:
• Admission fees
• Professional tour guide (for in the site)
• Lunch or dinner for each passenger
• Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus
• Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port
• Admission fees
• Food and drinks
• Professional Site Guide (if wanted)
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• All prices are for 1 tour, for 1 to 4 passengers, with a taxi or sedan, and up to 7 passengers with a minivan • You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain; otherwise the driver will do their best for you to see most of the sites
• Departure time is between 6:00am-10:00am, based on your preference!
• Duration: 6 hours
• Our drivers are professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Their priority is your satisfaction and safety. All our drivers speak English and are ready to help and to provide tips!
• Our cars are well-maintained, clean, and have free Wi-Fi. Baby chairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers are available on request, at no additional charge
• You can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before your tour is due to start. No refunds are allowed after this time.
For any questions we will be more than happy to answer within 24 hours.