Athens Highlights Tour & Sounio Cape
- Durata: 7 Ore (circa)
- Luogo: Athens, Attica
- Codice prodotto: ATHENS HIGHLIGHTS TOUR & SOUNIO CAPE CATT 1
Visit the Acropolis, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian’s Arch, see the Changing of the Guard at Parliament, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the 1896 Olympic Stadium. We then head south to The Temple of Poseidon - the god of sea, storms, earthquakes and horses, at Sounio Cape.
This tour takes us to the most famous sites of the city, both ancient and modern. Undoubtedly the most famous landmark of Athens – and the pride of Athenians - is the Parthenon, atop Acropolis Hill. It is the ancient temple, which was dedicated to Athena, the goddess Athens is named after. It is visible from most of central Athens and is surrounded by the city’s charming and picturesque historical centre.
Travelling along the coast, we head to the southernmost tip of the peninsula of Attica, Cape Sounion, a getaway close to Athens and famous for its beaches, fish restaurants and the striking ruins of the Temple of Poseidon. Set high atop a cliff rising above the Aegean Sea, the temple forms part of a trio of ancient sites, including the Acropolis, and the Temple of Aphaea on the Greek island of Aegina. Equal distances from each other as the crow flies, on a clear day you may be able to see all the monuments from the others. Sounio is also where Aegeus tragically fell from the cliffs when he saw the black sails that his son had forgotten to change, therefore believing he had died. The Aegean Sea was thus named after him. It is a beautiful place to watch the sunset, the white marble columns framed by the sky and the lovely blue sea!
EXTRAS that you can purchase while booking:
• Admission fees
• Professional tour guide (for in the site)
• Lunch or dinner for each passenger
• Transportation from and to your central hotel in Athens or Piraeus
• Transportation from and to the cruise terminal of Piraeus port
• Admission fees
• Food and drinks
• Professional Site Guide (if wanted)
KNOW BEFORE YOU BOOK:
• Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
• All prices are for 1 tour, for 1 to 4 passengers, with a taxi or sedan, and up to 7 passengers with a minivan
• You must be able to walk on unpaved or uneven terrain; otherwise the driver will do their best for you to see most of the sites
• Departure time is between 6:00am-10:00am, based on your preference!
• Duration: 7 hours
• Our drivers are professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Their priority is your satisfaction and safety. All our drivers speak English and are ready to help and to provide tips!
• Our cars are well-maintained, clean, and have free Wi-Fi. Baby chairs, wheelchairs and most phone chargers are available on request, at no additional charge
• You can cancel free of charge until 24 hours before your tour is due to start. No refunds are allowed after this time.
For any questions we will be more than happy to answer within 24 hours.